New Business Gig in NYC
Steve’s breakdown: We got another BizDev job to feature. This one just went up Tuesday so it’s still has the new job smell.
NEW YORK, NY: Your mission as the VP, Partner, New Business will be to continue the positive client/revenue growth by utilizing your vast network of C Level Marketing Brand leads to win business for Universal McCann. Your ambition and industry knowledge, in partnership with leadership, will be creating new, best in class business pitches, analyzing RFPs and framing media solutions to solve unique client challenges. Past success in a similar role, exposure to multiple marketing channels, highly tuned strategic writing skills and the ability to own a room will lead you to success in this dynamic role.
- Job description:
- Project management
- Oversee and manage new business projects and presentations
- Willingness to time shift with co-workers at times
- Oversee Design/creative services
- Oversee and drive design, look and feel of new business materials
- Drive production of new business creative content (e.g. videos, look books, presentations, leave behinds)
- Ensure UM is constantly accessing and able to access the highest quality freelance talent
- Keep look and feel of new business materials fresh and up to date
- Craft stories for Mediabrands’ agencies and write business development materials including RFPs, presentations, scripts for videos, etc.
- Drive content development of meetings and new business pitch materials. Includes:
- Supporting pitch teams and crafting the pitch story with them
- Working with individual pitch team members to shape and/or write content relevant to individual disciplines
- Minimum 6 years’ experience, some at a advertising agency or marketing environment; ideal candidate will have both account and new business experience
- Attention to detail and ability to manage and drive projects to the end
- Seasoned written and verbal communications skills with ability to adapt writing to voice that resonates with relevant audiences e
- Experience working with senior management (ideally in a marketing environment) as well as team members of all levels
- Inspire confidence and motivate all members of a team from the most junior to the most senior
- Manage junior people in a way that is encouraging and motivates them to do their best
- Proven ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, under pressure and tight deadlines
- Proven creativity and ability to come up with new, innovating thinking and ideas
- Possess a keen eye for design, is able to drive design development and give feedback to creatives that gets desired outcome
- Project management
A full-service media agency, UM strives to use Better Science and Art to create moments that drive business momentum for brands. Founded in 1999, UM is made up of entrepreneurially-minded planners, researchers, investment experts, decision scientists, account executives, and content and activation specialists—over 4,800 employees across 130 offices in over 100 countries around the world. They are globally headquartered in New York, with six additional North America offices in Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco, and Toronto.
UM’s culture is an inclusive one, where people are encouraged to bring their full selves to the office, and where personal and professional growth are a priority of every member of the team. The executive leadership is dedicated to building a culture that permeates every element of the company, from work flexibility, to career planning and regular talent reviews, to an active culture club. They proudly uphold the following values:
- Courage: having the courage to try the things that make us afraid, present something to a client that we know isn’t what they are expecting, taking on roles that we may be a bit intimidated by, inventing the future, etc.
- Candor: pushing ourselves to have the hard conversations with colleagues, team members, clients and media partners that will make us all better.
- Curiosity: being curious about the world, media, our clients and each other and using this curiosity to find new and innovate ways of doing everything we do.
- Commitment: being committed to UM, our teams, and our clients and going above and beyond when it is required.
- Community: being an active and positive participant in the UM community, our team and client communities, our local community and the world and creating valued communities with the people, clients and partners that we work with.
- Caring: caring about those around us – both their work lives as well as their personal lives and working to make everyone have as complete and fulfilling a life as possible.