VP, Brand Strategist/New Business Gig in NYC
Job Description below
NEW YORK, NY: At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a VP, Brand Strategist in our New York office. The VP, Brand Strategist is a leadership role, partnering with our brand teams to develop deep insights about our customers and the marketplace that will result in brand ideas that will drive growth for our clients’ business.
What you’ll do:
- Strategic Thinking | Involvement in new business pitches (drive the strategic development, attend pitches), develop workshops, conduct strategic planning, lead client presentations. Manage the curiosity phase including, but not limited to discussion guides, interviews, analysis and presentation of primary and secondary research findings. Manage exploration phase, manage experimentation phase, and manage distillation phase with creative and account team. Conduct and interpret primary and secondary market research
- Collaboration | Participate as an integrated team member with account services, creative and digital colleagues. Work together with market analysts to develop their research and presentation skills. Participate, on a day-to-day basis, with internal agency teams on the development and management of client projects and deliverables
- Team Building | Mentor and guide mid-level staff members. Set objectives for work and supervise the execution; advising on entire scope of project and resources required to meet objectives
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- 4-6 years in a supervisory marketing/analytical capacity in areas such as Pharmaceutical Marketing, Market Research.
- Master’s degree preferred (preferably research, life or physical science, or business).
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency.