What would you do for a organic food & personal care account?
Steve’s breakdown: Seems Hain Celestial Group is out 1 Chief Marketing Officer. Maybe while the search rolls on, an agency can slip in a few new ideas. Lord knows companies like this love big fans and crave their excitement. Almost Like Vampires!
Are you the new blood with the ideas to nourish their needs? (I know, creepy but I’m writing after dark)
Anyway, here’s the CMO job description . . .
LAKE SUCCESS, NY: The Hain Celestial Group, headquartered in Lake Success, New York, is a leading global natural and organic food and personal care products company. Hain Celestial participates in almost all natural food categories with well-known brands that includes brands such as: Celestial Seasonings, Greek Gods, Terra, Sensible Portions, Garden of Eatin, Alba Botanicals, JASON, Avalon Organics, Earth’s Best, Maranatha, Spectrum and others. The Hain Celestial Group common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
The Company’s mission is to be the leading marketer, manufacturer, and seller of organic and natural food and personal care products by anticipating and exceeding consumer expectations in providing quality, innovation, value and convenience. As such, there is an opportunity for an outstanding and accomplished senior marketing leader to join Hain Celestial as the Chief Marketing Officer.
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will report directly to CEO, Mark Schiller and be a key member of the Marketing Leadership team. He/she will lead the North America Marketing function in the development and execution of brand strategies and consumer communication in support of the enterprise portfolio. The CMO will also oversee development of creative, promotion, packaging and market research and analytics in support of all brands, categories and product lines.
This executive will be a scrappy and resourceful leader who has a proven ability to successfully develop brand strategies and personally execute them in a lean organization. He/she will exhibit strong marketing instincts, balance risk with analytical rigor, and demonstrate the initiative and urgency, to influence at all levels and drive results. Further, this executive will have strong negotiation skills and be proactive and self-motivated. He/she will be highly intelligent, driven, credible and dedicated to producing high caliber work that drives awareness, household penetration, brand affinity and strong ROI.
- Provide analytics and strategic guidance in support of short term and longer-term, sustainable growth for the Company.
- Refine brand positioning and develop effective marketing strategies across all channels to build consumer awareness, acquisition and engagement.
- Ensure right level of analytics and research to understand and influence consumer behavior and drive brand affinity
- In concert with brand teams, lead development of breakthrough marketing creative (packaging, digital, social mobile), Media planning, PR, partnerships, Research and Analytics that drives brand growth
- Ensure creative look, feel and execution is compelling and remains on brand while clearly articulating core brand attributes and points of differentiation to drive sales.
- Manage all external marketing relationships/partnerships (ad and packaging agencies, Research, licensing, etc)
- Be an active member of the Marketing leadership team with a strong voice, leadership acumen, and the ability to successfully navigate cross-functional relationships to achieve objectives.
- Build marketing capability for the organization, introducing and embedding new marketing tools and skills to the organization and developing a team of high performing, results oriented marketing professionals.
- Plan, direct and coordinate marketing budgets in accordance with organizational goals.
- 10-15 years of consumer Marketing experience, with significant tenure within the consumer-packaged goods industry. Ad agency background a plus.
- Specific experience developing social media marketing required.
- Track record of driving growth in both large and small company environments
- Extensive experience in developing compelling consumer communication with limited budgets.
- Ability to set and communicate a clear vision
- Bias for action and hunger for results.
- Experience delivering traffic across channels by building programs that impact sales with a broad understanding of all areas of the business.
- Hands on, scrappy and nimble professional with the power to move quickly and decisively in a very fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Strong executive presence with the ability to operate and influence at all levels of the organization to build consensus around new strategies and practices.
- Agile interpersonal skills and works well as part of a cross-functional team.
- Superior communication and presentation skills.
- Successful track-record building high-performing teams, with the ability to attract, recruit, motivate and retain superior talent.