Business Development Manager: Remote/Chicago area
Steve’s breakdown: PACO Collective is on the lookout for a Biz/Dev Manager. Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in business development required. Speaking Spanish is a plus! Apply Below
CHICAGO, IL: About the role
The Business Development Manager works with the CEO to improve PACO’s market position and achieve financial growth. Duties include working towards long-term organizational strategic goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business and thought leadership opportunities, and negotiating and closing business deals while maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions. This person will be the lead account manager for all prospect clients, and will work with the internal team to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization through finding potential new customers, managing the relationship, presenting to them, ultimately to convert into clients, and continuing to grow business in the future.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call or email as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision-makers and PACO’s agency leaders/senior management.
- Plan and manage capabilities presentations, pitches and any other approaches with prospect clients
- Work with CEO, Strategic Planning team, Creative team and Client Services team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Develop and manage new business outreach/events budget.
- Attend industry functions (Association events and conferences), and any other event identified as a networking opportunity, where leads and knowledge of the market and creative trends can be generated.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the agency’s unique selling propositions and differentiation.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered, tracked and managed within the agency’s CRM software.
- Provide a weekly status update to the CEO on new business activities.
- Forecast sales targets including goals for sales qualified leads and conversions.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with Strategic Planning and Client Services staff to ensure that prerequisites (like pre-qualification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure PACO is on databases where relevant industry RFP’s are issued.
- Work with PR department to generate thought leadership opportunities to position PACO as a leader in the industry to increase agency awareness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales or Marketing required. MBA degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in business development required.
- Marketing or advertising agency experience required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Highly-honed sales skills (i.e. networking, prospecting, persuasion, closing, sales planning, identification of customer needs & challenges, territory management, etc.).
- History of successfully meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High level of professionalism.
- Polished public speaking ability.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Works effectively under deadlines.
- Impeccable presentation skills with keen ability to create buy-in and collaboration.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, etc.).
- In-depth knowledge of CRM software (Hubspot, Salesforce or similar).
Benefits & Perks
Winter & Summer Outings
Holiday Flex Time
Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
Cell Phone Allowance