Director of New Business & Marketing Job
Steve’s breakdown: Grow has recently posted a new business position.
The job description is below.
NORFOLK, VA: This is a leadership role that calls on a strategic, integrated approach to marketing and business development. It requires a deep understanding of how to develop an agency brand to drive new client growth and a pulse on the market, client needs, and agency business goals. Candidates must bring a track record of success promoting agency work and capabilities, generating marketing content, creating robust new business pipelines, increasing new client revenue, and diversifying the agency portfolio.
The right candidate will be a charismatic new business winner and a modern marketer—a self-starter with stamina and passion for championing the Grow brand. We’re looking for a savvy leader who consistently demonstrates superior problem-solving and decision-making skills and who is prepared to roll up their sleeves, eager to dig into the task at hand. As a team leader, this role requires patience and focus to set clear expectations for people with a galvanizing, ambitious, and energetic style.
Role & Responsibility:
- Develop the strategy and execution of yearly new business and marketing growth plans
- Bring strategy and intelligence to the new business process across prospecting, pitching, and marketing
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable a small team of new business and marketing management staff
- Proactively identify target potential clients and define a strategy to articulate and showcase benefits and advantages of Grow
- Develop and lead the RFP, pitch, and proposal response processes from start to finish
- Lead and manage the development of all agency marketing materials including case studies, agency credentials, thought leadership, newsletters, etc.
- Manage our external PR firm and work together to identify opportunities for strategic promotion across thought leadership, expert commentary, awards, agency work, etc.
- Oversee Grow’s social presence to ensure an increase of quality followers, a consistent voice, and a regular cadence of high-quality content
- Direct and manage Grow’s processes and tools associated with new business and marketing to ensure effectiveness and full team alignment
Success in this role looks like a healthy pipeline of quality new client leads, high value new business wins, and a strong voice & visible presence in the industry.
Eight to ten years of agency experience in new business and marketing roles preferred. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the digital space, with an eye for what makes innovative and industry-leading work. This position requires up to 25% domestic travel. We have a preference for the role to be based in Norfolk but are open to remote candidates in major metros.
You’ll start with a full month of paid vacation and holiday leave, including two weeks in which the company pauses operations—one in midsummer, and one during the holidays. A wealth of additional company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, disability, paid training, and more. In addition, we promise you’ll have everything you need to be productive, comfortable and happy in the workplace.
Grow is headquartered in downtown Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA – a budding coastal city that blends the laid-back beach style with a richly evolving culture. Grow offers paid relocation and temporary housing for selected candidates.
Amazing clients and atmosphere come standard, but what you’ll love most is our close-knit team of inspiring talent, just over 50 of us in total. We’re part of a community of like-minded people who spend our time creating great work and building culture around us. We regularly put our creative and technology talents toward building the city in which we want to live and work.