NewBizGig in LA
Steve’s breakdown: During this time of cuts, we’re spending a little time spreading the job love. Director, Business Development position below . . .
LOS ANGELES, CA: Cashmere Agency is a lifestyle marketing collective composed of creative minds from the worlds of entertainment, advertising, and new media. We build authentic campaigns, pieced together by a creative mix of marketing and public relations strategies that resonate with today’s ever-evolving audience. Our client base includes a number of TV networks, motion picture studios, major recording artists, tech companies, and top-tier brands.
Our Accounts team oversees the development of client business across the Cashmere Agency network to meet the increasing demand for progressively transformative partnership relationships. Our team’s role is to identify, qualify, pursue, and win strategic and tactical new business and create a smooth integration for new clients into the agency.
Reporting to the VP, Accounts, the Director, Business Development will be a driving force for the agency and our clients. The ideal candidate brings extensive experience pitching and winning new business in a creative agency environment. As a natural born leader, the business development director will seamlessly build long-term relationships with clients, while simultaneously partnering internally to align vision cross-departmentally.
- Leverage understanding of 360° marketing campaigns, particularly digital, to develop new client relationships, both from warm leads and cold outreach
- Create compelling business development tools and materials, such as presentations, pitch decks and case studies
- Draft proposals and create customized scopes through cross-departmental collaboration, including finance to establish estimates and budgets
- Lead new business pitches and respond to RFIs and RFPs, involving appropriate key stakeholders and internal teams
- Evaluate historical accounts and uncover new opportunities, functioning as an expert in Cashmere Agency’s strategic portfolio of work
- Negotiate new deals and find creative solutions to solve clients’ business challenges
- Manage the full life-cycle of new business, from prospecting to on-boarding
- BS/BA in Marketing, Business Administration, or related area of study
- 7 to 10+ years of experience in business development or sales capacity within a marketing agency, entertainment, or media
- Proven track record in the development of new business, growth of existing business, and client retention
- Extensive experience managing cross-functional teams to deliver fully integrated marketing plans
- Ability to prioritize, be assertive, detail-oriented, self-starting and a willingness to take ownership and follow-through
- Ability and experience in communicating with client leadership, including C-suite level executives at fortune 500 companies
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, detailed oriented, self-starting and a willingness to take ownership and follow-through
- Must be confident, charismatic, and a credible business professional
- Exceptional negotiation skills and ability to comprehend and creatively solve clients’ business challenges
- Experience working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Must have valid state-issued Driver License
- Must be able to travel locally, domestically (and rarely internationally) as needed up to 25%
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Cashmere’s core values are:
- Own the work. Elevate each other.
- Seek to understand. Speak with intent.
- Spark Something. Challenge everything.
- Make room. Make change.
- Set the standard. Be undeniably dope.
Cashmere is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to become a part of one of the most influential, multicultural agencies, then apply today!